Monday, July 1, 2013

It's a rice krispies conspiracy

Hello my little eaters!!!  I managed to get some free time to make something and I'm pretty sure you guys kinda had enough with this recipe but never mind, I'll just post it as usual..  I'll just make some reviews and if you guys like it, you can totally use my tutorial..

From the title above I'll show you guys how I made my own vanilla rice krispies..  So basically, I've studied the portions and tutorials from these two amazing youtube channels..

Check out: 


Nowadays , in my country, it's hard to find the chewy rice krispies treats and the only common enough that you can get is the usual rice krispies cereals and the last time I remembered eating the treats is when I was 9 and now I'm freaking 20 (most of the convenient stores near my house stop taking stock for it and I still don't know why)...  What a very loooong period of years without  the good stuff..

Ok ok, I'll stop babbling about the history of food here, so here's what you need:

1) 6 cups of plain RICE KRISPIES CEREAL
2) 6 cups of marshmallows (any sizes you'd prefer)
3) A dash or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
4) 3 table spoons of butter
5) (non-stick) cooking sheet or non-stick baking spray
6) any sizes of baking dish 

The steps:

Step 1
~Sauce pan in medium low heat
~Melt butter until slightly brown (but don't burn them!)
~Pour in all 6 cups of marshmallows
~Add a dash of vanilla extract
~Stir like crazy (ok not that crazy, just don't stop stirring) until all the marshmallows are melted


Step 2
~Pour in all 6 cups of rice krispies cereals and keep the stirring going
~ Fold and stir and fold and stir until all the rice krispies are covered with marshmallows

Special tricky part (optional):
To make a little presence of caramel taste, cook them a little bit longer around 3-4 minutes..  As in the pictures below, you can see that the color turned slightly brown and that's the taste and color if you want the caramelized version.


Step 3
~Spray or line your baking dish
~Pour them all and to make them flat, just take a piece of baking sheet and pad down the rice krispies until they turn flat and in shape of the baking dish
~Wait for 15-20 minutes for the to set down and harden, them you may begin feasting!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

No comments:

This blog belongs to Amirah Y a.k.a Kak Long Wayer