On my third day of this week, I was actually wanted to make a skirt. Unfortunately, I don't have enough fabric so I've decided to make a simple shorts instead.. Very easy, very comfy, and very fast to finish one.. Also I drew on some diagrams for the tutorial of this shorts..
p/s: My shorts appears to be very micro because I traced using my pyjama hot pants..
What you need:
- Beginner Skills
- Fabric (1m x 1m) - can make up to 2 shorts
- Old shorts to trace on
- Sharpie or chalk (optional)
- Sewing Machine/ Needle & Thread
1) Lay your fabric and fold it in half.
2) Take you old shorts and fold it in half to get the pattern you need (in photo below)
3) Lay your (folded) shorts on the fabric and cut around it (cut along the dotted lines as shown above). So this is you front part. Repeat step 3 again to have the back part of the shorts.
Tips: If your fabric doesn't show any difference between the right and wrong sides like my tartan, then on your first step, you can fold it half twice. So when you cut them, you have 4 part that are ready to be sewn.
4) Ok, now it's time to sew!! Look carefully on the photo below, sew the part I marked ''stitches" with wrong sides up. That is your front part. Repeat this step with the back part.
5) Once both part are done, lay them right sides together (meaning: wrong sides must be up) and sew along the stitches marks.
6) I don't have the tutorial on attaching the elastic, but I learned to do it from this video on youtube..
7) AND YOU'RE DONE!!!!
If you guys have any doubts or difficulties, you can just ask me anytime ok darlings :D