Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Beauty haul: Artdeco & Estee Lauder

Hey guys! I'm back with another beauty haul..  So basically I just bought some stuff that I've been searching for the right color for a very long time and before this only found the nearest color at its best.  

The color that I want 

A few days back I went to SaSa (our local beauty boutique) and found a section of new makeup brand which is ARTDECO.  I've never heard about ARTDECO before but after smudging some tester colors, I'm very impressed with their brand.  I did some research, found out this product is from Germany and so as I thought before because most of German cosmetics are very highly pigmented, even a single stroke can make people see your envy green eyeshadow from 3 kilometers away hahaha..

Since I'm only looking for eyeliner shade which is specifically the color that is suitable for me is highly pigmented dark grey mocha with glitters eyeshadow (my eyes never gonna suit with any ready-made eyeliner products --''), so now I'm a happy goth because finally found the colors that I want..  Like before, this particular color only came from the brand called In2it (but I can't find the product anywhere :(  ).  So ARTDECO really saves my eyes!  

Hmmmm what should I say more???  Ahah!

The Price!!!

Ok, at first I tought it's quite pricey since each color costs me RM19.90.  But once I tried it on, then it's no more arguement on the price..  Based on the quality, it's very affordable because of its high pigmented characteristics.  Although the container is very cute and tiny but the powder pigment is very tightly compressed and you don't need many strokes to get the powder on you brush so does on your skin..

Seriously this product is freaking awesome!

So don't worry about the price!

With flash

Without flash


The colors only came in refill pack in small rectangles but it does has tight covers, so no worries if you don't wanna get the magnetic mirrored container (sold separately)..  But if you get more than one color, I would recommend you to get the container, unless if you prefer to diy your very own pallette.





So, here's how the color looks on me:

without flash

with flash

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Not in a million years I imagined I would use ESTEE LAUDER products on me because of the currency, this brand is kinda pricey in my country.  But, challenge accepted!  Just paid rm90 without thinking for this color..  Why?  Because this is the most suitable color for a goth like me and this color cannot be found in the local brands or the ones that are less price..  So, hurray for me again!!!!  *Now have to save more to get new Nintendo games T.T*


I just love the elegant designed case.  

This is how it looks like..  The color is spice cocoa if I'm not mistaken (i'm too lazy to get out of bed just to read the label on my lipstick).. 
*If I'm wrong about the color please correct me, thanks*

So I've searched online, and this is the link that you can refer to:


So, the color is of course very vivid.  Which I really love about it.  Very highly recommended for its highly pigmented effect.  

  This lipstick needs me to do extra job just to minimalize my natural chapped lines.  But in this case it's not the fault of the product (my lips do this to other lipsticks too --'').  My mom already used this and its fine on her.

So, what I was thinking is that, whether:

Option 1: Apply moisturizing lipbalm/vaseline on the lips before applying the lipstick
OR
Option 2: Without guilt, cut the lipstick, melt it and mix with a little scoop of vaseline

Unfortunately I have lots of guilt on a rm90 lipstick hahahahaha! 

Well, I tried both eyeshadow and lipstick for our student event last week, and this is how they match me really well...


A Confession of a Goth-Arabic-makeup artist-wannabe 

Thanks for reading!

Have a nice day

#ARTDECO

#ESTEELAUDER

No comments:

This blog belongs to Amirah Y a.k.a Kak Long Wayer