Friday, October 11, 2019

Extreme Introvert Travel | Guide to Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia


So finally I managed to take an actual not-locking-myself-in-my room kind of travel.  I went out.  I flew off.  I took annual leave and not just to balik kampung.  The last time I was on vacation is 2015, it was a class trip to Melbourne, Australia.  Drive to Malacca was not really a vacay because I graduated my diploma in UiTM Malacca so tak kira ok hawau.  

Not saying that my best friends didn't invite me to their vacay but dealing with mother-situation needs a whole new level of mental durability.  In front of my friends she will be all "ahhh go la on a holiday with them" and later she will be all "hell f*cking no" to my face and start a lecture on public safety.  Thus from that time I decided not to join any vacation with my friends because the answer is already there.  Sometimes it's really hard to be the face of 26 year old with curfew but all I can do is accept it and cry myself to sleep, but it get's better as I am now a rebellious 26 year old with curfew.  Progress bitch!

I know by publishing this post some might think they caught me in action but mohon bertenang sekalian alam.  My boyfriend and his team was actually on an event-business trip to Kuching and he invited me and my mom to join their trip timeline since they will be spending a week there so he thought getting our asses there would be nice for us to have a break from life.  Also wait! why the hell am I explaining shit, I lead my own life so f*ck y'all 😂😂😂😂

So that's my intro.

In this post, I will provide as much information hoping it will be helpful for you guys out there to not pack your barang macam mak-mak satu rumah nak bawak.

Travel duration: 4 days 3 nights

How to travel lite | Luggage

1) Clothing (Note: this only involved what is in your luggage,  your airport attire is already considered an extra backup if you messed up your vacay outfit rotation.

  • 3-4 fancy/vacay tops
  • 1 pair of comfy jeans
  • Extra 1-2 pair of undies just in case of girly time of the month
  • 1 most comfy bras
  • 1 pair of socks
  • 1 set of sleeping attire
  • 1 pair of flip flops / ballet flats 
All these can lay really flat in your luggage with the help of a vacuum sealed plastic (not together with footwear) .  The best part during my packing adventure was, I have already konmari-ed all of my clothes so I don't have to do much.  It felt like picking a book from the shelf.  Setel satu hal.

2) Toiletries.  I packed mine in a ziplock bag, consisting of only basic facial and dental products.

3) Makeup.  Ziplock bags are actually essential to my style of packing lite.  I had 1 bag for brushes and another for basic makeup products.  
  • 1 SPF 30++ color corrector primer (recommended if you're out in the sun all day)
  • 1 Concealer
  • 1 Finishing powder
  • 1 Blush
  • 1 Eye shadow pallet 
  • 2-3 Lip sticks
Note that, highlighter is not an essential item for me since I'm outside all day, I have my good ol' natural facial sweat and complaints from the heat.

4) Additionals. I managed to fit in my full sized body mist, argan hair treatment oil and my huge hair brush just because have so much space inside the luggage.

ZIP ON!

I've learned my lesson coming back from Melbourne and kept myself minimal this time, because I know I will be carrying a lot of Pua Kumbu batik sarongs as planned.  

How to travel lite | Carry Ons

Includes: wallet, mobile phone and travel documents.

1) Backpack.  I had the worst back aching experience previously because the thought of carrying a thin material travel bag bought from the drugstore was a bright idea.  Kepala hotak dia wei, yes the bag was lite but it didn't do any load support to the person carrying the bag.  Buy yourself a proper structured backpack from the travel shop or in my case I carry my Longchamp knapsack.  

2) Electronics.  Power banks, cables, charger head, earphones, put them all in A POUCH. 

3) Misc items.  I always have my ointment and mint candy wherever I go.

----------------------------------------

My budgetary

Flight + hotel via air asia go
= RM 550.00 ++
Additional luggage weight per trip / 15kg
= RM 30.00 ++
Transportation from Kuching airport to town
= RM 11.00 (Maxim) - RM 12.00 (Grab)
I walk around the town but if you insist for a ride, starting rate
= RM3.00 (Maxim) - RM 4.00 (Grab)
Commute to Sarawak Cultural Village per trip
= RM 65.00
Sarawak Cultural Village package fee + lunch (online ticket purchase)
= RM 76.00
Sampan across Sarawak River per trip
= RM 1.00
Food for 4 days 3 night
= RM 150.00 max

And finally here's the photo collage of our trip.  I managed to annoy my mom by only taking scenery photos instead a 100 selfies of my resting bitch face.  Photos of me taken by yours truly who's avoiding her face from social medias 😂😂😂



Coming here was really berbaloi, we bought the tickets a few hours before as the online rate was discounted then walk-ins.  So we took a package of 3 long houses plus lunch meal.  However along the trip we managed to get into all longhouses, I don't know why the website mentioned differently.  We had a great time watching the welcoming dance live show and extreme calorie burn from walking around the entire village.  

Talking about the included meal package, I was so amazed because they actually cooked like 5 extremely delicious meals for us to enjoy served in traditional leaf bowl.  Like what the actual f*ck?  Kau faham tak betapa terharunya perasaan kitorang bila dorg datang hidang macam tu, sebab aku expect dapat prepacked makanan yang tah hape2 jenis perangai berniaga nak untung pegi haji balik hari.  Aku yang makan sikit pon boleh mentekedarah sampai kenyang sbb aku mmg happy gila masa tu

In Sarawak you will not be getting "siyes la mcm ni je dia bagi?" feelings at the local food stores.  Aku yang Selangorian ni terkesima sebab they are so generous every order kau dapat memang portion dia makan sampai muntah lepas tu sambung makan lagi.  Even my mom cakap, "Mama kalo duduk Sarawak ni sure gemuk".   Theory proven!

The best part of this town is that every place (from our hotel) is in a walking distance and I love walking.  I do enjoy the historical building structures and pavement art along the waterfront area, literally a very nice place for scenic photography. Here's my google map destinations for your reference https://goo.gl/maps/5jFViypfDZRUMsYU9


Balik Sarawak aku demam 2 hari.

Sekian.


No comments:

This blog belongs to Amirah Y a.k.a Kak Long Wayer